How to Prepare . . . and Sell . . . Small & Midsize Companies for Sale
Listen & Learn Podcast ™
From this webpage you will see links to the audio and/or the written report pertaining to this recent event.
Most small and midsize companies for sale don’t sell.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
I’m not referring to the losers that shouldn’t sell. Those owners were hoping to sell to a Greater Fool.
Let’s focus on the unsold companies that would have been a profitable investment for buyers. In those cases, sooner or later the company goes out of business; the owner is lucky to cash out with pennies on the dollar.
- Worthwhile companies that should have sold would have sold had the owners done what you can learn by accessing the information we presented during our Podcast.
The typical selling experience is not a pretty picture. Too many sellers risk losing everything they have worked so long to build. If you try to sell your company like you would sell your home, you could find yourself with no place to live. Much of the time and money a seller wastes is the result of the seller committing errors in seven areas, all of which sellers can control.
What can Ted J. Leverette, The Original Business Buyer Advocate ® tell sellers and brokers about selling businesses? Plenty. Ted Leverette’s perspective can help them minimize marketing time and maximize seller benefits. Plus enable the buyers of well-prepared companies to enjoy a more profitable investment.
Below are some of the comments we received from people:
Wow, you gave away the farm! Great info I can use!
— David McLeroy (Company Owner)
What an excellent Q&A program! Thanks for everything!
— Stewart Stenner (Business Consultant)
Blown away with the valuable information you presented. Do your downloadable books contain all of this information? (Ted Leverette answers: Yes.)
— Robert Fremder (Marketer of Accounting and Tax Practices)
Great call today, Ted! Lots of good info.
— Chad Fondriest (Commercial Lender)
Everything you do is so professional and relevant.
— Eric Arroyo (Business Broker)
What I gathered is to start having formal valuations done on our larger deals; and, we need to rethink and redo our front end “sizzle” package.
— David Sweeten Jr. (Business Broker)
- Click to see how consultant and dealmaker, Clinton Lee, in London, is publicizing Ted Leverette’s continuing education events.
- 8 self-defeating things sellers do
- 8 things buyers really want, which they might not reveal to sellers and their advisors
- 62 advantages sellers can have over buyers
- 2 kinds of advisors, one worthwhile, the other not
- 25 seller weaknesses buyers look for and exploit
- 18 actions of savvy sellers to gain more advantages
You will get street-smart insight into these questions:
- Why (exactly) should brokers and sellers want to know what advisors to BUYERS think about preparing businesses for sale?
- From the potential buyer’s perspective, what repels buyers from businesses for sale?
- What do buyers really want?
- Are brokers a help or hindrance? (Please comment from the buyer’s view.)
- How can I create buyer competition to more quickly sell and sell on better terms?
- What can I do to increase the chances that buyers will consider my asking price to be fair?
- How important to buyers are the sellers’ offering prospectus or company profile?
- What about a nonbinding letter of intent to precede a purchase and sale agreement?
- What can sellers do right now to quickly increase the price for their company?
- What problems or weaknesses do buyers look for and exploit?
- What mistakes cause businesses for sale not sell?
- How to begin preparing the owner and the company for sale?
- What is the “best” sequence to follow when preparing for sale?
- How can sellers attract and establish worthwhile relationships with qualified buyers?
- When and how can I find out if the “buyer” is financially qualified to buy my business?
- How can sellers avoid mishaps during due diligence and negotiations?
- What red flags concern buyers?
- What should owners know, before selling, about post-acquisition transition?
- What alternatives are there instead of selling my company?
- Can you give me dealmaking tips that achieve done deals?
Buyers and advisors: Use this insight to level your dealmaking playing field.
Order the $9.95 audio recording and/or the $9.95 20-page written report. You will receive a link to it one business day after we receive your order.
(This is a limited time offer, so order now if you’re looking for street-smart insight into dealmaking.)
Listen to mp3 audio:
Read the PDF how-to report:
Click to read praise about our TeleSeminars and Podcasts.
Ted Leverette, The Original Business Buyer Advocate ® Since the 1970s, hosts our continuing education events. He answers questions sent to him from people who want to buy, sell, improve or finance small or midsize businesses, plus questions from professional advisors and dealmakers who want to improve or diversify their practice.
Want to attend an upcoming TeleSeminar or Podcast?
Register now for the upcoming one or email us below to request notification.
Email: TedJLeverette@partneroncall.com (use the link or copy the email address into your email program) and request notification about our continuing education events.
Our Business Buyer Advocates have helped clients evaluate and close buy/sell transactions with prices up to $20 million. Our sweet spot are deals ranging from one to three million dollars in sale/purchase price. (Probably because the quantity deals in that range is many times more than bigger transactions.) Check out our credentials and what is said about us by our clients and by various kinds of professional advisors.
Your Gateway to The Street-Smart Way to Buy a Business ®
Want to know more? Read Ted Leverette’s newest book:
How to Buy the Right Business the Right Way—Dos, Don’ts & Profit Strategies
93 Profit Strategies
Free monthly e-newsletter:
If you like the kind of information you see on our website, please subscribe. We’ll also invite you to our free TeleSeminars.
We do not disclose your email address or any other information about you to anyone outside our company.
Email Ted J. Leverette, The Original Business Buyer Advocate ® Since the 1970s.
“Partner” On-Call Network, LLC