Don’t miss facts, tips and strategies that give you advantages for dealmaking.
Click for a complimentary pass for Ted Leverette’s upcoming 30 minute TeleSeminar: Deal Killers and Deal Killing for Business Sellers and Buyers. (If PC is your thing, you might not like these 24 insights.)
- This continuing education TeleSeminar is for professional advisors (and people who want to know what professionals know).
- You might to want to listen to this before hiring your advisory team. And, perhaps, share it with them, too.
In a rush? How about MoneyMinutes ™ Podcasts?
In five minutes or less you’ll hear about what makes dumb deals, plus inspirational, informative and street-smart ideas for . . .
- buyers and sellers of small and midsize businesses
- business brokers and intermediaries
- small and midsize companies
- business advisors who want to generate more income
If you are a recognized leader in your industry or profession, and if you want to share info that is unique and valuable to our respective audiences, please email Ted Leverette about showcasing our respective capabilities in a podcast. Our voices can be heard or as in the Clinton Lee example below, Leverette’s voice can represent us.
Writing this May 11, 2017. Just when you thought people could not be stupider: Snapchat Shares Plunge 25%. Check out my podcast (near the bottom of this webpage) published back when the banksters at Goldman Sachs et al did what they did to the chumps (after feeding the insiders).
MoneyMinutes Podcast: How Savvy Business Sellers Vet Buyers by Ted Leverette and Clinton Lee.
- This podcast features the seller point of view, to which buyers should also take notice and then avoid self-defeating behavior.
The 2 Minute Negotiator: Answering questions with questions.
The best negotiators can prevail over you without you realizing what’s coming. Some mistakes can be fatal. Missteps can defer or lessen whatever benefit you seek. This series of podcasts can help you gain the advantage or at least level the playing field.
The 2 Minute Negotiator: When competition is good and not good for you.
The 2 Minute Negotiator: Don’t be Trumped by Bluffing.
Don’t listen to Trump; listen to me! (Disclosure: This audio is 3 minutes . . . and worth it.)
Avoiding Dumb Deals
- If their advisors did not inform them of this risk, buyers and sellers might claim malpractice. And sources of financing may lose money.
This podcast reveals communication tactics and contractual provisions that buyers and sellers use to benefit or hurt each other. Sandbagging is a coercive tactic during a pending buy/sell transaction. It can also occur post-closing to hurt the seller or buyer.
- Please listen to the podcast (there is info in it not in my PDF report) and then read my 12 page report for insight from dealmakers and attorneys: REPORT re PODCAST-Who loses when business buyers and sellers sandbag each other?
What’s Lurking Behind the Balance Sheet?
Business buyers: These things mean cash crunches. Which can cause insolvency. Which means bye-bye to your investment.
Common Business Mistakes that Erode Selling Prices and Delight Business Buyers
The good news (for buyers) is most business owners learn to live with most of these problems. Their day of reckoning is when you show up to evaluate their company for sale. Too bad for them that they missed their opportunity to maximize the marketability and value of their business. Buyers: Now it’s yours to exploit.
How Savvy Business Sellers Vet Buyers by Ted Leverette and Clinton Lee
This podcast features the seller point of view, to which buyers should also take notice and then avoid self-defeating behavior.
- Listen to the podcast and then read Clinton Lee’s article: How To Vet Business Buyers – Tell The Real Players From The Time Wasters!
Inspiration for Business Buyers
We want to inspire you to dream more, learn more, do more and become more!
How Good It Can Be for Business Buyers
This is what it’s like when you or your clients buy the right business the right way.
Part 1- Imagination
Imagination is the beginning for business buyers.
Part 2 – Who is blocking you from business ownership?
Getting around the naysayers.
Part 3 – Targeting the financial aspects for a business acquisition.
Don’t even think about searching for deals before this.
On Politics & Banksters (Tongue in cheek, sort of.)
May 11, 2017: SNAP Shares fell to their lowest levels since the company went public in March. FIRST quarter loss of $2.21 BILLION on revenue of $149.64 million. GULP!
The Update—Stupid for Snapchat IPO: It gets worse!
Even if you and your pension fund did not and do not purchase shares of Snapchat.
- Listen, and then listen to my original podcast below.
Stupid for Snapchat IPO (The Podcast)
What can disappear faster than a Snapchat photo?
- Snapchat IPO. Con Job? Snafu? Fleeces People? (The PDF)
This report is the background for the Podcast. It brings to life the saying: “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”
Please subscribe now for an occasional email with a link to a complimentary MoneyMinutes ™ Podcast by Ted J. Leverette.
Questions or comments about us or our MoneyMinutes ™ Podcasts?
Email Ted if you would like to be a guest on a MoneyMinutes ™ Podcast. (Suggest a topic.)
Email Ted J. Leverette, The Original Business Buyer Advocate ® Since the 1970s.
“Partner” On-Call Network, LLC