Don’t miss facts, tips and strategies that give you advantages for dealmaking.
Our most popular podcast and report this year:
Guess what? Most of the people, proposing the most important word, were wrong. Not my opinion; theirs, after I explained the rationale for the MOST important characteristic.
- Listen to the 9 minute podcast and then read the PDF report.
It’s the common denominator.
First of all, winners actually achieve profitable done deals. And that happens because they stay the course. This happens because they bring to the dealmaking playing field several dozen attributes, just one of which empowers everything else. If that one attribute, which can be expressed in a single word, is missing or weak, people will not buy the right business the right way. In fact, they won’t buy or merge any business.
Listen to Ted Leverette’s 30 minute TeleSeminar: Deal Killers and Deal Killing for Business Sellers and Buyers.
- This continuing education TeleSeminar is for professional advisors (and people who want to know what professionals know).
- You might to want to listen to this before hiring your advisory team. And, perhaps, share it with them, too.
In a rush? How about MoneyMinutes ™ Podcasts?
In five minutes or less you’ll hear about what makes dumb deals, plus inspirational, informative and street-smart ideas for . . .
- buyers and sellers of small and midsize businesses
- business brokers and intermediaries
- small and midsize companies
- business advisors who want to generate more income
MoneyMinutes Podcast: How Savvy Business Sellers Vet Buyers by Ted Leverette and Clinton Lee.
- This podcast features the seller point of view, to which buyers should also take notice and then avoid self-defeating behavior.
Inspiration for Business Buyers
We want to inspire you to dream more, learn more, do more and become more!
How Good It Can Be for Business Buyers
This is what it’s like when you or your clients buy the right business the right way.
Part 1- Imagination
Imagination is the beginning for business buyers.
Part 2 – Who is blocking you from business ownership?
Getting around the naysayers.
Part 3 – Targeting the financial aspects for a business acquisition.
Don’t even think about searching for deals before this.
Avoiding Dumb Deals
- If their advisors did not inform them of this risk, buyers and sellers might claim malpractice. And sources of financing may lose money.
This podcast reveals communication tactics and contractual provisions that buyers and sellers use to benefit or hurt each other. Sandbagging is a coercive tactic during a pending buy/sell transaction. It can also occur post-closing to hurt the seller or buyer.
- Please listen to the podcast (there is info in it not in my PDF report) and then read my 12 page report for insight from dealmakers and attorneys: REPORT re PODCAST-Who loses when business buyers and sellers sandbag each other?
What’s Lurking Behind the Balance Sheet?
Business buyers: These things mean cash crunches. Which can cause insolvency. Which means bye-bye to your investment.
Common Business Mistakes that Erode Selling Prices and Delight Business Buyers
The good news (for buyers) is most business owners learn to live with most of these problems. Their day of reckoning is when you show up to evaluate their company for sale. Too bad for them that they missed their opportunity to maximize the marketability and value of their business. Buyers: Now it’s yours to exploit.
How Savvy Business Sellers Vet Buyers by Ted Leverette and Clinton Lee
This podcast features the seller point of view, to which buyers should also take notice and then avoid self-defeating behavior.
- Listen to the podcast and then read Clinton Lee’s article: How To Vet Business Buyers – Tell The Real Players From The Time Wasters!
Free monthly e-newsletter:
If you like the kind of information you see on our website, please subscribe. We’ll also invite you to our free continuing education events.
We do not disclose your email address or any other information about you to anyone outside our company.
Ted J. Leverette
The Original Business Buyer Advocate ® Since the 1970s
“Partner” On-Call Network, LLC
The opinions Ted Leverette expresses are solely his own and do not express the views or opinions of our colleagues or the professionals with whom we network. Likewise, the opinions and advice appearing on or accessible from this website, attributed to others, are theirs and may not be consistent with Ted Leverette’s.
Your access to, use of and reliance on our website and services and content accessed through our website and services is entirely at your own risk. Our website and services (including, without limitation, the website, programs, services, forums and content accessed through the website, programs, services and forums) is provided on an “as is” or “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind.
All express and implied warranties (including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights) are expressly disclaimed.