Because more than 300 people have signed up for this TeleSeminar, it’s free for everyone for a while: Pros and Cons of Selling a Business By-Owner. (Use the link below. The agenda is on the bottom of this webpage.)
I’m Ted Leverette, The Original Business Buyer Advocate ®.
- What I know about sellers and selling small and midsize companies will inform you.
- It might surprise you.
- It may offend people who don’t want sellers to know what I’m going to reveal (and suggest) from this webpage.
Trust me right now: It’s not going to be exactly what you think it will be!
You might not get this insight anywhere else. Expect straight talk, no hidden agenda, free of conflict-of-interest and full of street-smarts.
Nancy Fallon-Houle, Velocity Law, LLC
Thanks, that was 40 minutes well spent.
John Knight MIoD, Business Broker & Certified Value Builder Advisor
Complimentary for a while.
Use this link to Google Drive to access the 40 minute audio. You can listen to it (give it about 10 seconds to load) and download it, but do it soon. It will soon be for sale on this website .
*** Disclosure: I’m not a business broker; never been one; don’t want to be one. Besides advising buyers, I and my colleagues help owners of small and midsize businesses prepare for the sale of their company.
- I don’t care if you sell by-owner or list with a broker. My job is to help you better-understand your alternatives.
Selling a company by-owner is so important that a long time ago I coined (and trademarked) an acronym: BIZFIZBO ®. (You guessed it: business-for-sale by-owner.)
The best business brokers are essential for safe and profitable ownership transfers for some kinds of companies and in some kinds of circumstances. My podcast or PDF report will explain this.
How do I know these things? It’s because of the 500 years collective dealmaking experience of the 298 people who’ve graduated from the business buyer advisory training I offer. We learn from each other; we share war stories; we lament when we see dumb deals.
The bottom of this webpage shows the questions people have asked Ted Leverette.
To be, or not to be?
That is the question:
Whether ’tis smarter to list your company for sale with a business broker
and then reap the rewards thereof,
or to take control and sell your company by-owner,
to maximize your proceeds from the sale?
Avoid “The Tragedy of Hamlet.“
Some of the questions Ted Leverette will answer:
- What’s the big picture for selling a company by-owner?
- What kinds of businesses are typically sold by-owner?
- What are some of the other reasons companies sell by-owner?
- How can I protect the confidentiality of my business while trying to sell it?
- What about money? (The buyer’s, of course!)
- What kinds of problems in the company for sale are buyers trying to detect?
- What do buyers really want?
- What do buyers need to know about companies for sale by-owner?
- How can I quickly qualify a buyer?
- What’s the biggest risk for owners who want to do-it-themselves?
- What’s the biggest misconception concerning businesses for sale by-owner?
- Is there a secret sauce for successfully selling a company? (Yes.)
- What about business brokers?
- What can I do to sell quickly and on the best terms?
- How important to buyers are the sellers’ offering prospectus or company profile?
- How can I create buyer competition to more quickly sell and sell on better terms?
- What can I do to increase the chances that buyers will consider my asking price to be fair?
- What should I be thinking about before thinking about selling my company?
- How can I know if now is the right time to sell?
- What about the difference between asking prices and selling prices?
- What the best way to get my asking price?
- How can I avoid the pitfalls of selling my company?
- What’s a sure way to drive away the best buyers?
- How can I “shop” competing businesses for sale?
- Should I “shop” brokers to find the right one?
- Should I try to sell by-owner or list with a broker?
- Can you explain the typical selling experience?
- What is the process to sell a business?
- How can I explain the personal expenses I ran through my business?
- What kinds of specialists should be on the sellers’ advisory team?
- What should I do next?
- What should I do after that?
Free monthly e-newsletter:
If you like the kind of information you see on our website, please subscribe. We’ll also invite you to our free continuing education events.
We do not disclose your email address or any other information about you to anyone outside our company.
Email Ted J. Leverette, The Original Business Buyer Advocate ® Since the 1970s.
“Partner” On-Call Network, LLC